Everyone knows that one of the perks of being a student is getting that sweet student discount in what seems like every shop, restaurant, and service. But what about apprentices? Well, don’t worry, in 2012, the National Union of Students (NUS) – the organisers of the aforementioned discounts – launched a dedicated discount card for apprentices. Offering much of the same discounts as students get, as well as a few apprentice exclusives, the NUS Apprentice Extra card gets you a bunch of in-store and online discounts to help that apprenticeship wage stretches a little further.
Enjoy hundreds of discounts, including:
- 10% discount at ASOS
- 10% off in-store and online at Animal
- 10% off at Zavvi
- 10% off Megabus
- 10% off Co-op food
- 10% off in-store at New Look
- 20% off all stationary from WHSmith
- 20% off at National Express
- 20% off Frankie and Benny’s
- 20% off Pizza Hut
- 25% Boohoo
- 25% off day gym pass with Hustle
- 25% off rail travel with TransPennine Express
- 25% off orders over £25 at Dominos
- Up to 64% off at Alton Towers and Thorpe Park
- Amazon Prime student membership – £3.99 a month instead of £7.99, and 6 months free if you’re a first time Prime subscriber.
The NUS Apprentice Extra Twitter and Facebook keeps you up-to-date with any new deals they have added to their list.
To get an NUS Apprentice Extra card just visit their website, sign-up with your email address, upload or take a photo, and pay. It costs £11 for the card, valid for 12 months, and if you’re a clumsy kind of person, you’ll be happy to know it only costs £5 to replace a lost or damaged card. All money raised through sales of the cards funds the National Society for Apprentices, which represents the needs of everyone in an apprenticeship.